Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Mall

I read the article at Yahoo on the couple living in the mall. I like malls because you can park and then shop without worrying about traffic. What I don't like about the mall here is getting to the mall traffic. I also do not like crowds of people ,and the noise from the crowds. The cost of items in the malls are higher. I guess I want my own private mall. When I lived up North we had a small strip mall, which had a clothing shop, a video shop , a gift&printing shop, Fabs restaurant and Subway. Around New Years the church would take the youth to Minneapolis for a youth gathering. We would stay in the hotel connected to the mall. There was no worrying about parking or driving in traffic once we got there and put the cars into hotel parking. That was fun.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do not like the mall. Going there does not make me feel better. I usually feel crowded and hassled and hustled! There is a mall here in Town I like -- it is very open air and one doesn't have to walk through the inside halls to get from place to place.

Melli said...

I'm not crazy about the mall... except in winter. When it's freeeezing outside. But generally I don't like shopping. They've tried to take my girl-card because of this, but so far I've kept it hidden in a closet in the Dragon's cave and they haven't been able to get to it! I DO however, like Minneapolis! I used to live there! Long looooooong ago... (32 years...) But I do have a question about this couple... if they LIVE in the mall... where do they GO? You know? I guess to the grocery store maybe...

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

I am not a Mall person either. I like the shops you would see if you are downtown. I find Malls to busy and the parking is horrible at holidays. It is progress and one should go with the times.

Margaret said...

I haven't been to the mall in over a year. I'm sure I couldn't stand living in one or near one. I'm too much of a country girl.

However, I have considered how neat it would be to buy one of those first floor store front with top two floors a home in historic downtown Savannah.

I think I'd run a little cafe or luncheon.