Thursday, May 6, 2010

Comments on Storm

Many were brave or foolish and photographed the storm, we got to see the photos. I was glad to see their work.

I did have some of my siding come off, but it came off today. We had high wind gust today also. I am not sure what to do with a two foot piece. I wiped it down and stuck it back up on the house. I had comments from the different people who gave bids on the roof how badly the siding job was. One person showed me how there should be nails and there were none.

If you do not like to have consistent weather, Wisconsin is the place to be. We had 70 to 80 temperatures the end of last week and sunny, then it rained but was warm, followed by storms with tornado, clear and cool with gusting winds of 50mph came next. We are expecting snow next. They advertise to buy plants for Mother's Day to plant. Not for me I am waiting for June before anything is planted.

I am going to wish to all mothers a Happy Mother's Day. It is early but I may not get back.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you got to see pictures and that you and the family ate alright. Happy Mothers Day to you as well ;)

quilly said...

The house siding in kind of important. Ask someone you trust at church for advice.

I hope the weather gives you a break soon! I also hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!

Melli said...

Oh - that is NOT good news about the siding! Not at all! It SHOULD be nailed on! I'm with Quilly - you have a good sized congregation - ask around at church.

Our weather has been very temperamental lately too! No tornadoes though... so far! Maryland didn't used to EVER get tornadoes - but in recent years - the last 10 I would say - we have had some come through each summer.

I hope you have a happy and blessed Mother's Day Betty! Enjoy!