Yankee Doodle Dandy
1. What is your favorite 4th of July memory? (If you aren’t in the U.S., then use your own national holiday.)I have many, including this 4th. The bicentennial was the one I was most involved in making costumes,& making a float.
2. Do you consider yourself patriotic? yes
3. Do you like fireworks? Not the noise but the pretty ones. We have always have done are own fireworks. Dr. John at one time with the help of his sister and mother would put on a display for the small community that his sister lives in. There have been some scary moments.
4. What are your plans for this weekend?We had the whole family here. We did our fireworks, which I still have to clean up. Grilled steaks. Had strawberry shortcake.
5. Are you optimistic about the future? I think we are in for a change, do not know,for good or bad.
6. Do you think everyone should serve in the military?No. I think there would be some who if serving would be a hindrance.
7. Would you support a constitutional ban on flag burning?Flag burning makes me unhappy, but peaceful protest should be able to continue.
8. What end of the political spectrum are you?Depends on issue.
9. Where do you get your news? On channel 7.
This gives a outlet for what I was going to write about today. We had a very nice Fourth of July. No major problems. We laughed through the fireworks display. The males were all outside and the females inside watching plus Dr. John. We critiqued the display and the presenters. They put a cardboard box under the display table which at one time was smoking. My oldest grandson was wearing a green elf hat and beard not the safest get up which he was told he could not wear.