Monday, July 5, 2010

Eating well may lead to exploding.

Happy 4th, late.
Busy getting ready for the fourth, Lifefest, and my niece's wedding. Everything comes all together.
Pennie and I are back eating healthy. We were cooking our steak, when a alarm went off. Think it was the smoke alarm. Your wrong it was the carbon monoxide alarm. We thought it was the smoke alarm too. The alarm is very loud. The alarm was plugged in under the card table I have up. I crawled under the table to read it and found it was telling that there was gas. I unplugged it and moved it to another location and it continued to sound. I got out the other alarm I have in the bedroom. It did not go off, but we called 911 and the firemen came. They found no gas leak.
We had a nice Fourth, Peter ,and family came down after church. We grilled, played canasta, and set off fireworks. Luke helped his father, and had a great time. Grandpa would be proud.

6 comments:

kcinnova said...

Good for you, Betty, calling the firemen into duty. Carbon monoxide is nothing to mess around with! Perhaps it was a dead battery? When our back-up battery gets low, ours beeps loudly every 60 seconds.

quilly said...

I am glad that was a false alarm! I am certain the firemen are, too. Picking up the pieces after a house explodes isn't fun!

Thom said...

I'm so glad everyone involved was glad it was a false alarm. Happy late 4th to you and your family as well :)

Finding Pam said...

Betty, better safe than sorry. I am glad that there was no poison gas or anyother things.

It is good to know you had your family with you on the Fourth of July.

Aren't weddings so lovely?

It is good to see a post from you.

Argent said...

You certainly did well to call 911 - Carbon Monoxide is an indisious killer. Good idea about the battery or the unit may be faulty anyway. Hope it didn't ruin your steak! And a belated Happy 4th to you and yours.

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Glad you had a Good Holiday Betty and the Alarm was a False Alarm and the Firemen didn't find anything.