Monday, November 24, 2008

A Week in Review

Last week I helped my daughter make learning posters for the Christmas program. She was helping he choir directer who does the Christmas program. The simple way to do the posters is to write on the poster board the song words. Pennie got a Cricut for Christmas and had not been able to use it as much as she would like. She decided that this would be the perfect time to use it. The Cricut cuts out forms out of paper etc. The Cricut was set to cut light material. She did not understand that and had a few failures before the setting was correct for cutting out construction paper letters. The next problem she faced was the size of the letters. We wanted them big enough to be seen by all the students, but the least amount of poster board used. I took the cut letters from the paper and at the beginning because we didn't have the setting correct it was time consuming. We had managed by Saturday night to have two songs on large poster boards. It was 2:00 AM before we could go to bed.

Dr John and I worked also on the train layout and got nine packages out on EBay and sold.

Back to the posters. They got used but as they were used the letters would come off. Pennie came home on Sunday and in the afternoon got all the songs on small er poster boards{easier to hold up]. She used the simple method of just writing the words on the poster board. She has them all ready for next week. She learned a great deal about the Cricut's use.

We got our first significant snow fall today.

4 comments:

Melli said...

Wow! I didn't know what a Cricut was -- I had to google it. That's quite a nifty machine! I don't blame her wanting to use it more. I'm sure like anything else though - it does take time to learn how to best use it and to find all the purposes for it. What a neat toy though!

You guys do a lot of sellin' on Ebay don't ya? I've not had good luck with Ebay... we got STUCK with a saddle that wasn't what it said it was... and the return policy made it so it was going to cost us WAY more to return it... Ugh... So what kinds of things do you sell?

Sandi McBride said...

I have to admire you for learning to sell on EBay...I know it's not an easy thing to do!Any pictures of the train set up?
Sandi

Dr.John said...

Say do you have any pictures of thaat train set up? Just wondering.

Margaret said...

Yes, my thoughts exactly. I would love to see your train set up in progress. I bet it's beautiful!