Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Years Eve

We had one of the dullest New Years Eve ever I think. My daughter was on call the night before and had not been able to sleep. She wanted to see the new year come in. She woke up in time to see the ball come down in New York on replay. New York is an hour ahead of us but the station replayed the New York celebration. Maggie heard our cities fireworks and began to howl and bark so my daughter went home. From my padio I could see the fireworks but I had to open the door and it was cold.
The night before was interesting. My daughter was on call and we couldn't find anything we wanted to watch on regular tv,so we went to free movies on demand,something she could watch but if she was called out wouldn't feel bad about leaving. She had the control and she fell asleep. I watched the worst movie I have ever seen because of the acting. The best came when the dad who was secret santa ended up at the North Pole wisked there by the elf. He found a talking owl. I could not help it I started to laugh so hard. I don't know where they got the owl but it was stuffed and didn't look like any owl I have seen. I woke my daughter, but it was a good thing because she was called out.

Hope you have a Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like ours.There was nothing on tv worth watching.We looked at the clock at 9 and realized we still had three hours to go.We could not wait to go to bed.I think the dogs were even tired.

Lori's Minute said...

We were waiting for midnight as well and ended up watching a show about the worst tornadoes....but none of us had nightmares about it, thank goodness.

I read all your other posts and I think you were like every other kid who did not get what they wanted for Christmas....disappointed...but it helps deal with life disappointments later on in life, don't ya think? Now, I do not want anything for Christmas except my family's happiness.

Nessa said...

That sounds like a wacky movie.