Monday, November 22, 2010

Oldest in the House

I went to the latest Harry Potter movie at midnight,with my daughter. We were the last to be getting tickets, and knew that all theaters were sold out, so we went early to get good seats. I watched as the theater filled with mostly teens with a few middle aged scattered about. I saw no one who looked to be my age, and that could be because seniors do not want to out at midnight,but I could sleep in. I enjoyed the movie. I have read the book, along time ago, but I am looking forward to the ending,in the theater.
It has been long a long time since I have blogged. My bathroom got painted finally after four years. When they put in the walk in tub, they replastered, but they did not paint saying I could save so much doing it myself. I thought that was true, and it was small, no problem. Problem how does a height challenged person paint over a tub with no room for a ladder to be safely placed in the tub? Answer, call in the family troops. My son, daughter, and grandsons Alex and Caleb. They did a fine job. I now have a beautiful coral room, which I added a verse and stick on flowers and butterflies. I would show a picture but I have lost the cord and the instructor to put pictures on the blog. I hope to figure this out.
I got a big scare last month when I discovered my bank had not been paying my mortgage for eight months. I discovered it not my bank. They had not done as I instructed to make the new account as the old. I got a new account because of John's death. I asked several times if they had done that and they said they had taken care of it. The loan was from them so I figured they had done that. On the statements that came from the bank there was no record, and that bothered me, I finally decided instead of worrying I would check into it, I should have done that much earlier. I had the money because it had not gone out from my account, but I was thinking I was doing so well, I could take a trip to Germany. Glad I did not do that. I now have little trust in that bank, but I am afraid of a change. This whole incident left me shaken. I kind of shut down for awhile.

4 comments:

DawnTreader said...

Good to hear from you Betty. Glad you got your bank's mistake sorted out, and the bathroom as well. And got to see the new HP movie! :) I've not seen it yet, only some snippets in a documentary on TV. Maybe I'll wait until the DVD is released (I have the others). ♥ DawnTreader aka Monica

Anonymous said...

My husband usually takes care of the finances (my eyes glaze over when he tries to explain them to me) but with your story of the bank, I can see that I need to pay more attention!

I'm glad you are back to getting out and about. I'm impressed you went to the movie! Even my teenagers have not seen it yet.

Finding Pam said...

Betty, it is so great to see a post from you. That is neat that you went at midnight to see Harry Potter. You are still young at heart.

I hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving with your family.

Love,
Pam

quilly said...

Oh -- scary! I am glad you got your mortgage straightened out! Was it the bank's faulkt or just a particular person at the bank. If there is a person there you can't trust, it might be time to ask to see the management and have them find you another adviser.

I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!