Friday, April 16, 2010

Blogger Found.

I have been trying to blog for over a week , but not able to get here. I would sign in and then I would get a white page. This happened before, but one night it came back. This time I came in another way and it worked.
My friend called me last Saturday and asked me to go with her to the 66th Annual Fox Valleyaires Men's Barbershop Show. She won the tickets. She picked me up and we went the back roads into Appleton. There was a park I didn't know about that she showed me. There was also an island. It is occupied by large condos on the water , so all the land is privately owned. The show was very good. They had a group Lunch Break which was very funny.The Lunch Break repertoire includes barbershop, jazz, gospel and folk-hiphop fusion. The other guest Quartet was Skyline. Skyline won the Central States District Quartet Competition in 2009. The Valleyaires were very good.
Pennie had a bad car time last week. She had to go out of town, and her GPS sent her on a round about way home, which was good because her transmission went. If she went the direct way her car would have died out in the country. She was able to hobble into her work parking lot. This was the second transmission that went in five years. Her protection had expired on the car but not the transmission. There was no cost. She then put new tires on. She was told her tires were bad and needed changing, almost a year ago.
My son Peter and family came down Saturday and took me out for my birthday, he would have included Pennie for her birthday but Pennie went out to lunch with the other Pennie.[Former roommate also named Pennie.] We went to Applebees. I had the steak on the 550 calorie list.
It was just the right size. Nothing came home.
Hope I can blog again.

7 comments:

quilly said...

Happy Birthday! I am sorry I missed it. I would have sent you a card!

I am glad Pennie got home safely with her bad transmission. Maybe an angel was guiding her GPS.

Anonymous said...

Hau`oli La Hanau to you my friend. I wish I would have known when your birthday was. Please let me know so I don't miss it next year. Glad you are back :) Glad Pennie got back okay as well :)

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Happy Birthday Betty, Nice that you have a fun trip with your friend. Glad to hear Pennie is OK and her car.

Unknown said...

Happy birthday! I've been behind on my blogging simply because I haven't taken the time to write down my thoughts. Shame on me. I hope you enjoyed the Barbershop. I had a friend years ago who sang in a quartet.

Finding Pam said...

What a lovely outing for you and your friend. Happy Belated Birthday, Betty.

I too am glad that Pennie made it back safely and that the transmission was still in warranty.

Write when you can. I am struggling with writing too. I just don't have anything to write.

Take care and I hope you are well now.

Raven said...

Belated Happy Birthday. Sounds like you are wrapped in the love of family and good friends and doing well. I'm glad to hear that. It's a touch wintry here today, but Spring is clearly visible and in full command despite the temperatures. April 16th was my sister's birthday too.

Melli said...

Ohhhhh I missed your birthday! Dang! Happy belated -- but I sure wish I'd known for the real thing!!!

I would have loved to gone to that Barbershop show with you! That's another kind of music that I just really LOVE but don't get to enjoy very often!

Sorry to hear about Pennie's transmission troubles. Glad she got it all taken care of though - and God was WITH her when it happened!