Saturday, August 1, 2009

Hearthstone with Bree

No Raven's words. I have been with my granddaughter. I have felt sorry for her because of Pennie's foot sprain, I have been driving her to work, and back. She is using John's scooter, so we have had to spend most of Bree's time here with us at home. Pennie decided to not go into work until the afternoon, Bree and I went to the Hearthstone Museum. The home build by Mr. Rodgers
has nine fireplaces so it was named Hearthstone. It had the first electricity in the Appleton area.
When we drove Pennie to work because it was in the afternoon we decided not to go back home , but stayed to window shop in Appleton. We went through a number of small shops with character.
It was a good day.

6 comments:

Nessa said...

Rabbit, Rabbit!

What a lovely day you hard. Time with family is always best.

* * *
Please visit me at The Chrysalis Stage and Esoteric Uncovered.

Follow me on twitter and facebook

Anonymous said...

Rabbit, rabbit. Sounds like a perfect day Betty. :) Aloha

quilly said...

I know, since you and Bree were together, that it was a "wonderful day in the neighborhood."

Melli said...

Awwwwwww... that's great! Sounds like Grandma & Bree had a wonderful "quality time" day together! It IS sad that Pennie's accident has taken it's toll on Bree's time with with you... :(

Unknown said...

That actually sounded like a nice day. I'd love to get out more...

Raven said...

Just wanted to stop by and say that I have missed you at wordzzles these past weeks. Hope Pennie is soon feeling better and on both feet again but it sounds like you had a great day with your granddaughter.