Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Why I Worship

Our church has asked for short writings on why we worship to be put in the newsletter. I thought I would put my ideas here.

God loves me and I love God is the main reason for my worship. My God is an awesome God. I can worship anywhere and I have worshiped in many places such as ,lakeside, canyon, and woods. I worship on Sunday in a church building with people from St Marks. When many people worship together and all have been given gifts for ministry there is strength, and support. During the service we receive communion which gives healing and forgiveness. God's word is read and we hear what God will have us do. With our gifts combined we are able to serve any many ways to many people in our country and others. These are the reasons for worshiping at St Marks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I didn't know you'd started blogging again! You need to tell a person this stuff! Welcome back.

I worship because it helps me re-center and keep my focus on God and what he would have me do, rather than on what I would have me do. Focusing on God helps me keep a civil tongue in my mouth and a smile on my face. He helps me reach out to others and that provides me with a sense of purpose and self-worth.

kris said...

Hi - thanks for visiting my blog. I enjoyed the comment you left.

Thoughtful post.

In your previous post you mention Jewel quest 2 - is that a game like Bejeweled?? I shouldn't ask because I am addicted to that game - I could have written the post about myself! lol

Nice to meet you.

Louisiana said...

you worship because the Lord lives in you. how blessed you are.

Happy Easter dear Betty, to you and yours.

xo

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

God truly is Awesome Betty, I am glad you and Dr John have found a place to Worship.

Wishing you and Dr John and your family Blessed Happy Easter