Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Photo Story Myah

A Picture Story from Portrait of Words












My story begins when I was just a pup. I lived with a very nice family, and they named me Myah.





My family provided me with food and water. I also had some time to play. On the day of the beginning of my adventure I was out on the porch when I saw a brown furry blur, which I wanted to see up close. I wiggled out of the leash and ran after the brown furry animal that climbed up the tree. I jumped and jumped. I tried a run and then a jump but I could not get to the what I now know is called a squirrel. The squirrel widened the chase by jumping to the limb of another tree. Then it jumped to another tree while down below I ran following it.
We traveled fast. My family which was calling and trying to catch me had to give up. I didn't stop as long as I could see the squirrel. Then the squirrel disappeared. I heard the chattering but couldn't see it. I then took notice of where I was. I could not see my family. There were no sidewalks, or cars. Surrounded by trees, I had no way to tell how to get home. I saw a path which I followed. I almost tumbled over a cliff. I was on top of a mountain over looking a lake. The lake looked like it was in the clouds. The path did continue on, but it was so steep that I many times, lost my footing.




I heard the sound of running water. I maneuvered my way to it. I took time to take a drink and go wadding. There were little fish swimming about in the quiet water.










The path continued to the highway where the cars and trucks sped by. I saw a large building with cars in the parking lot, across the street. I am not very courageous, but a bit foolish so I dodged the cars and trucks. I sat and trembled a bit. Then I approached some humans getting into their cars. I did my very best whine, and gave my cutest look, and sure enough they picked me up. They looked at my collar which was separate from my leash. I was carried into The large building which had a neat living room with a fireplace. A women at the desk petted me then picked up a phone and made a call. I did cause a bit of commotion because I wet on the person that was holding me. Another person took me out side, put me down, and told me to do my business. The sky clouded up and the rain came. I felt no rain for my family arrived and came running toward me. After thanking the humans that brought me in, my family brought me home. They built me a fenced in area of my own, where I could chase the squirrels but not get lost.

8 comments:

quilly said...

Another story from the dog's point of view! I love it. I am sure I wouldn't have done that. How cool.

Anonymous said...

Love this how you and Dr. John told the story from the dog's point of view. Excellent writing Betty. Glad they built a fence :)

Nessa said...

I loved your story of the puppy's adventure and it had a happy ending.

Cherie said...

What a sweet pup that Myah is! It's hard to keep them safe when their minds turn to squirrels. :)

Melli said...

How CUTE! I love hearing the story from the puppy's point of view!

Bitter Sweet Moments said...

Cute Story!! Happy Tuesday!! This was my first portrait of words...wasn't as easy as I thought it would be:)

Unknown said...

Cute little story.

Roan said...

The lost is found. Great story. Loved that you told it from the puppy's view.