Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Fun Time

My oldest son had vacation last week so he and his wife came down here for a visit and to help me. I had boxes of items to go to Goodwill. They were loaded up and taken there. Then we went to Steins to pick flowers for Memorial day to put on Dr. Johns grave site. I did not want to plant this year because I was afraid that I would not be able to take care of those planted. I found a nice stand that would hold the beautiful flower basket I picked out. We went out to lunch at the Old Country Buffet.


On Saturday my daughter and I drove up north to Norway for my nephew's graduation party. We were a surprise. Coming in early gave us time to visit. The weather was perfect, although my sister-in law thought it was too warm.


Memorial Day we rested in the morning. I went out later to shop for items for my mantel, for the summer. In the evening we started to prepare for next years Sunday School. We are hoping that then my daughter will not have the stress during the actual teaching time.

Earlier in the week my sister and brother-in-law stopped over on their way up North for a family reunion on his side. We had a nice visit and we went out to eat at Oslos's. This is the place that was full so Pennie and I could not go. The road to get there is now all torn up under construction. It was hard to get to it, but it was open, and we were the only people there to eat.

The food was very good, and the choices were not your ordinary ones. I had Norweigen chicken. I am not sure of all that was on the chicken for sure cheeze, and mushrooms. It was served with new potatoes[ there was a potato choice] rutabager and a large beet slice.

I ho;e every one had a good Memorial Day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like you had a great Memorial Day. I'm glad to read that you are doing so well :)

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Good to hear from you again, Betty. I'm glad to know you have family all around for visiting, and that you were able to "spend some time" with Dr. John, too. I like to imagine him smiling over those flowers.

quilly said...

Betty, we had a quiet, peaceful Memorial Day. Amoeba is sick and it is cold and rainy here so we stayed in.

I am glad you are getting out and about and doing things. I think you are right, planning the lesson ahead of time will make teaching much more fun and relaxing for Pennie.

Lori's Minute said...

I hope Pennie is less stressed out too.

Unknown said...

I am glad you had such a nice time. Hope you are doing well.

Melli said...

Planning ahead certainly HELPS -- but I still find myself stressed with preparation for VBS! Sunday School is a whole 'nuther story! I will pray for Pennie - for reduced stress. But you know... she will CONTINUE to come up with "new & improved" Pennie ideas right up until the last minute!!! LOL!

Thank you for your prayers - my family really does need them right now... I was thinking about Dr. John just yesterday and wishing I had his wisdom... I DO miss that man!